Welcome to our ECO page.
Here, you can meet our ECO Warriors, find out what we are up to and get involved with some of our upcoming activities at home.
Our ECO Warriors will be working hard to keep our school and environment clean and safe.
Some of the activities we will be doing this year are:
- ½ termly litter picks around the school grounds.
- Making and selling bird feeders.
- Switch off fortnight – This promotes the importance of saving energy.
- Growing and planting seeds.
- Developing our own vegetable patch.
- Waste week – This promotes recycling.
- The Big Tidy up at Lewsey Park.
The ECO Warriors meet every week on Friday lunchtime. In our meetings, we think of ways to reduce our carbon footprint, keep our environment clean and safe, how to recycle and most importantly how to involve the whole school in fun activities that promotes us as an ECO friendly school.
This is Trashy. He is our ECO mascot. Trashy was designed last July as part of our ECO DAY competition by
Edita, Nariko and Maia.
Trashy helps us to remember to be ECO friendly by turning off the lights, keeping the external doors shut to save our heating and he helps us to promote recycling inside and outside of school.
Healthy Easting Competition
Our Eco warriors have decided to enter the Veg Cities Healthy Eating competition to help promote the benefits of eating healthy fresh fruit and vegetables. Alongside Miss Riley and Miss Blumire they helped create a song to promote healthy eating. Here is our Eco Warriors performing our song.
This year we are trying to fundraise to buy new bins for our playground. We will be selling bird feeders in a few weeks not only to help our local wildlife survive over winter but also any money raised will go towards the cost of the new bins.
Look out for our bird feeders – they will be on sale in the year 1 playground after school on Wednesday 8th February.
Our ECO Warriors will be growing plants and flowers from seeds when the weather is warmer ready to sell during the summer term.
Ethan and Laila-Marie
Kaitlyn and Kyrone
Ethan and Inaaya
Ibrahim and Kelsea-Lee
Olivia and Mahdhi
Makayla and Karim
We are currently in the process of making an ECO committee. The Eco-Committee is the action team and the driving force behind the Eco-Schools work. The ECO committee will meet once every half term to:
- Ensure that the whole school is aware of the Eco-Schools programme
- Take the lead in carrying out the Environmental Review
- Ensure that everyone in the school community is represented in the decision-making process (as far as possible)
- Provide a link between pupils, teachers, senior management team, governors and the whole school community
- Take the lead in delivering the Eco-Schools Action Plan
We are currently seeking a parent to join our committee. If this interests you, or you would like more details. Please contact Miss Sam Riley on 01582 573641 for more information.