Welcome to our ECO page
Here, you can meet our ECO Warriors, find out what we are up to and get involved with some of our upcoming activities at home.
Our ECO Warriors will be working hard to keep our school and environment clean and safe.
Some of the activities we will be doing this year are:
- ½ termly litter picks around the school grounds.
- Carrying out our Environmental review.
- Creating an action plan for the year.
- Making bird feeders.
- Switch off fortnight – This promotes the importance of saving energy.
- Growing and planting seeds.
- Developing our own vegetable patch in the pond area.
- Waste week – This promotes recycling.
- Bee day – more information to follow.
- Potato competition.
- The Big Tidy up at Lewsey Park.
ECO Warriors meet every week on Friday lunchtime. In our meetings, we think of ways to reduce our carbon footprint, keep our environment clean and safe, how to recycle and most importantly how to involve the whole school in fun activities that promotes us as an ECO friendly school.
Eco-Schools Silver Award
The Eco Warriors have worked hard this term to organise Saving the Bees. Together with Miss Jones the science co-ordinator, we were able to achieve The Eco-Schools Silver Award. We are so happy with this news. Keep your eyes peeled as we are working towards gaining our Eco-Schools Eco Green Flag Award next!
We would like to start growing a vegetable patch and making more use of our Poly tunnel in the pond area. All produce grown within school will be offered to our school kitchen and the local community. Keep your eyes peeled for any changes you may see when passing by!
This year, we have had to change how we run Eco Club due to COVID-19. We have only chosen Year 2 children to be Our Eco Warriors due to being in year group bubbles. We have adapted how we give feedback to classes. Our Eco Warriors have been making short films to share information and projects with the whole school which can be shown in each class during the school day.
This is Trashy. He is our ECO mascot. Trashy was designed a few years ago as part of an ECO DAY competition.
You will find Trashy all around the school, Trashy helps us to remember to be ECO friendly by turning off the lights, keeping the external doors shut to save our heating and he helps us to promote recycling inside and outside of school.
Our ECO Warriors will be growing plants and flowers from seeds when the weather is warmer ready to sell during the summer term.
The Eco-Committee is the action team and the driving force behind the Eco-Schools work. The ECO committee will meet once every half term to:
- Ensure that the whole school is aware of the Eco-Schools programme
- Take the lead in carrying out the Environmental Review
- Ensure that everyone in the school community is represented in the decision-making process (as far as possible)
- Provide a link between pupils, teachers, senior management team, governors and the whole school community
- Take the lead in delivering the Eco-Schools Action Plan
We are lucky enough to have Mrs Rachel Lewis as our parent representative on our committee and Miss Green as our SLT committee member. The Eco Warriors will be meeting once a term with Miss Green and Mrs Lewis to discuss ways in which we can improve and continue to keep ourselves as an Eco Friendly school.
Our Eco Code
This is our proposed Eco-Action Plan created during our last meeting: