Our Vision and Aims
At The Ferrars Academy, we wish to encourage and foster the development of each child intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally within a caring and secure atmosphere. We endeavour to ensure that our school is a caring community and our children are sensitive to the needs of others; a community in which all members have a sense of fairness and justice and that the contribution of each member is valued.
This, we believe will lead to a high standard of behaviour and the promotion of good manners and courtesy not only during the time children spend at the Academy but throughout their life ahead.
We aim to:
- provide an environment where children are valued as individuals for we believe that children learn most when they feel secure;
- encourage children to develop pride, independence and confidence in themselves and their work;
- help children develop self-discipline and respect for each other and the environment around them;
- promote an atmosphere where children can develop their own abilities but also appreciate that co-operation and tolerance are essential for good working relationships;
- create an atmosphere which encourages sharing and caring; promotes good citizenship and community values;
- encourage a healthy lifestyle by promoting healthy living, good diet, exercise and emotional well being;
- develop a growth mindset in all pupils.